You might think you’ve seen all the marketing statistics (if you look for them) but away from SEO and Social Media, there are some really interesting statistics. Here, we delve into what stats matter when it comes to using your marketing and advertising budget.
- 99.7% of people live within 3 miles of a Post Office
This statistic is really incredible. 3 miles across the UK means the Post Office is prime real estate for any type of advertising – and post office advertising is incredibly cheap. Compare the 3 mile radius to something such as a traffic or roadside banner and you are not only capturing people who are static (waiting in line) but also getting a very good deal.
- 43% of queing people have grandchildren
This statistic is another great one, showcasing that if you want to reach a broad demographic, appeal to people in one large niche – grandparents. Whatever you’re selling, if you can appeal to this market, you really are getting a huge reach.
- 56% of all consumers trust print marketing more than any other advertising method
- 58% of people learned about a restaurant they later visited with Out Of Home Advertising
- The UK grocery market was worth £177.5 billion in the year to March 31st 2015, an increase of 1.7% on 2014
- Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average – 3.5 billion searches per day
Marketeers may know Google is king, but if you are a small business wanting to advertise, this stat should make you very interested in Google Advertising. Get your name on the internet not only with your own site but by capturing people with intent to purchase and you will tap into a percentage of this incredible volume of searches.
- 94% of queuing people are under 44 years of age