Whether you are running a Google advertising campaign or running a train station advert, the principles of advertising are very similar!
(Of course, if you want your local business to be found online you’ll want to use keywords like ‘local agency Berkshire‘ or ‘local business in Berkshire’ – something that won’t work on a poster!) However, the concepts – how you speak to people, where you place the advert and how it looks are all very similar. Here are our best tips.
- One of the keys to all advertising campaigns is to accentuate the pros of your company or local business, mentioning all those factors that give you your competitive edge. Too many ads are clever but fail to sell the specific benefits of the featured product or service (consider perfume adverts as an example!) Unless you highlight these benefits, your ad delivers no value to potential customers which is a real shame.
- You can recognize big brand logos as soon as you see them and packaging, logos and colours are so key. Don’t stop using your unique colour palette and ensure that you have consistency. Even if you want an easter advertising campaign, you might use hints of ‘new colours’ but your font and overall ‘look’ should tie in to your existing branding.
- Don’t think that everyone is the same! Your preferred radio station or TV show might not be the best place to attract your audience. This is where it is key to ensure you have done some research about your target market to understand who they are and determine what they read, watch, and listen to. This is why we think post office advertising is so successful – take a look at how!
- Don’t get stuck doing the same things. If you want to widen your pool, you might want to go out of your comfort zone. It is all too common for business owners to choose the best place to advertise based on price and potential rate of returns, and then stop. You should look to select a variety of suitable media for your audience and budget and experiment. For example. UK Advertising now offer an online advertising service that puts you on in front of millions of potential new customers searching for products or services that they require. That’s right… the products or services that your business offers are being looked for daily and if you have a website, we can get you a slice of the action!
- You can’t be liked by everyone. As you grandma probably said – you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea and sadly no product or service will appeal to everyone. Many business owners try to come up with ways to reach every market. Typically, this does not work. Try and find your niche and market to them as much as possible instead!
We hope you enjoyed our look at some advertising hints and tips. Did you know that if you don’t have a website, we can help get one together for you from as little as £600+VAT? This is an incredible deal – is there anyone you know who needs a website? The success of a site is not to be missed and this can be an ideal way to harness new customers! Speak to us today to get a quote and to speak in more detail.